Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Your TBR Shelf: Do you really want to read all those books?

I was checking out my TBR pile and noticed it was HUGE!!!! I think it's impossible to actually finish reading all the books I have in that pile (especially when I keep adding books to that giant pile). I know a lot of readers can relate to that. My TBR pile is probably much less than the normal, but it's huge to me because I'm a person that likes to finish things and cross things off lists. I'm not good at leaving things unfinished. 

I actually took the time to view each one of the books on my TBR pile...and OMG!!!

Imagine my surprise when I found out that I didn't even want to read all those books in the first place. Yeah, maybe at some point I actually wanted to read them, but that time has definitely passed.

I mean, there were books that I didn't even know how they got on there? What was I thinking? This sounds horrible? How did this book even get here? 


Then there were books that I sorta-kinda wanted to read somewhere in the long future, eventually. I quickly got rid of those along with the books I didn't want to read. 

I mean these books didn't really interest me that much. I just thought I'd read them cause....I don't know. Just for the sake of reading of them, I guess...

I feel like my TBR pile should be one filled with books that I'm SUPER excited to read, books that I'm anxious waiting for them, books that make me feel like 5 stars is a definite possibility! 

All my hard work went to waste because I think I added atleast twice as much books as I removed at the end of the day, but atleast now I feel like I definitely want to read ALL those books. I feel so good about it that I don't even mind the fact that I now have more books in my TBR pile than ever! 

So from now on, I'm going to check out my TBR pile once every six months just to see if I still want to read all those books. It'll be a long process, but I'll do it anyway. The TBR pile will be defeated! I will conquer it!


So do you guys really want to read ALL the books on your TBR shelf? Do you think your TBR pile should be books you're extremely passionate about or do you think books that you kinda-sorta want to read should be on your TBR pile as well? Let me know your thoughts on this.

Happy Browsing!

4 comments:

  1. If I look at my TBR list, I'll probably have the same reaction as yours! LOL :) It's a great idea to once in a while review that list just to re-check if you're still passionate enough to read the ones you've already added. I'm with you with 'The TBR pile will be defeated!' :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We'll start our own army and conquer the evil thing! :D

      Delete
  2. I have 500 books on my Goodreads TBR list. I know I won't be reading all of those books, but I like to know that I won't run out of things to read (it's a comfort thing). But I will read (or try to read) books I already bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's so much! That would drive me crazy! Haha! The human mind is so funny. It brings comfort to you to know that you won't run out of books to read and it brings comfort to me to know that I can defeat my TBR pile. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love receiving your comments! I will always read them, promise! :D I want to hear what you think.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...