Monday, July 7, 2014

Review: How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You by TM Franklin

How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You
Title: How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You
Author: T.M. Franklin
Publisher: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House
Link: Goodreads
Seventeen-year-old Oliver Wendell Holmes (Yes, his parents are just that peculiar, but his brother’s name is Sherlock, so it could have been worse) knows that he’s different. He’s quirky, awkward, and he’s okay with that. Oliver also likes making lists—meticulous procedures for achieving his goals, step-by-step. Whether it’s “How to Get an A in Chemistry” or “How to Get Accepted to MIT,” he has a process, and it’s worked for him so far. He doesn’t even care that the popular kids mock him. Oliver’s got his eye on the prize.
So when he decides it’s time to declare his feelings for Ainsley Bishop, the girl of his dreams, it’s only natural for him to make a list—a point-by-point strategy to win her heart. He knows it will take a grand gesture for her to see all he has to offer, and her approaching birthday provides the ideal opportunity for Oliver to put his plan into action.
Finding the perfect gift is a challenge Oliver meets with his usual dogged determination. He’ll need to watch her carefully for clues to pinpoint exactly what he should give her. And along the way, he might just learn that what Ainsley really needs is not quite what he expected.

I received an ARC of this book for an honest review

 My Review
4/5 stars
I LOVED this book!

Oliver is such an easy character to relate to. I'm sure we all have weird quirks and insecurities just like him. I was so happy with the banter between all the characters that I didn't even notice when I was almost finished with the book. It was that good! 

I think my favorite characters would have to be Viney. I don't think the book would've been that amazing without him. I have a thing for supportive friends that know you even more than you know yourself. Is it wrong if I want Viney to have his own story? I would like to get into this character's head to know him better. I want to know what Viney would be like if he ever fell in love. 

In this book, we meet Oliver, who has a thing for lists. He's decided to make a list on How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with you (hence, the title) but there's the whole issue of Ian (Ainsley's boyfriend). I don't like the concept of going after someone else's boyfriend or girlfriend, so I was really scared that I was going to end up hating this book, but I was totally wrong. It helped that Ian was a jerk. I don't feel bad for jerks! :P Oliver is so ridiculously awkward and flustered around Ainsley that it was hard not to laugh at his antics. I also loved the family dynamics in Oliver's household. Sherlock (Oliver's brother) is hilarious! 

This is the type of book that makes you go Aww... at almost every page. I definitely recommend it to anybody who is interested in reading YA novels. I dare you to not like it! It's an amazingly written book with fun characters! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments! I will always read them, promise! :D I want to hear what you think.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...