Thursday, March 13, 2014

That's What He said Thursday: Emperor Kai



That's what HE said Thursday is a weekly meme hosted at Chapter Break where you post a favorite line of a book boyfriend to his heroine.

                                                                                                       Quote

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
"Believe it or not, I seem to be having technical difficulties again." He unhooked the portscreen from his belt and peered down. "You see, I figured it's probably too much to hope that New Beijing's most renowned mechanic is having trouble with her port, so I figured there must be something wrong with mine." Screwing up his lips, he whapped the corner of his portscreen on the table, then checked the screen again with a heavy sigh. "Nope, nothing. Maybe she's been ignoring my comms on purpose."

Emperor Kai to Cinder, Cinder by Marissa Meyer



Thoughts

Emperor Kai is witty...a bit sassy (ok, a lot), and his love for sarcasm makes me love him even more. Poor Kai wants to know why the only girl he wishes to take to the ball is ignoring him, so ofcourse he confronts her about it. To simply ask her? No! That is just not the Emperor Kai way!! The way he does it made me giggle. Clearly, he knows there is nothing wrong with his portscreen. Did I mention he can be somewhat of a troll?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your comments! I will always read them, promise! :D I want to hear what you think.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...