Friday, March 7, 2014

Flashback Friday: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Flashback Friday Swoony Boys Podcast Fiction Fare

Flashback Friday is a meme run by (Swoony Boys Podcast) and Fiction Fare. If you'd like to find out more, you can find out here!

Here is my Flashback Friday Book!

Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer
Published: January 3rd 2012 

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
Quick Thoughts:

Well, I love The Lunar Chronicles series so much and the first book will always be special to me. I think one of the problems with a series is that people often forget the awesomeness of the first book as the story progresses along. I haven't forgotten and hope  I never shall. Cinder by Marissa Meyer gave me all the feels. ALL THE FEELS! 

Long Live the Emperor ;)


4 comments:

  1. This feature seems like a nice way to promote books you haven't talked about in a while! I have heard nothing but praise for this series, so I guess I had better get started reading it! I love a good retelling, and from what I've heard, this is a very good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you absolutely MUST check out this series! Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I have this book, but haven't read it! Thanks for the reminder to get to it!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments! I will always read them, promise! :D I want to hear what you think.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...